Whether your child is due for a check-up or has and immediate dental need, the U-M School of Dentistry’s Pediatric Dental Specialty Clinics can provide your child with the care you would expect from the nation’s top ranked dental school (2014-2018).Our pediatric dental clinics provide care at cost-effective prices by dental graduates and students under the supervision of our expert faculty.
To schedule an appointment, please call 734-764-1523.
- We are accepting referrals from dentists and other health care professionals
- Please fill out our referral form and fax to 734-615-7294 and we will contact the patient guardian to schedule the first visit
- Our clinic provides care at the pediatric clinic in the dental school with and without nitrous oxide analgesia/anxiolysis, with oral sedation, and at the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital under general anesthesia. The first visit will be an evaluation to determine in which of our clinics will best serve the patient
- Cleanings/examinations for infants, pre-schoolers, school age children, and adolescents
- Digital x-rays
- Restoration of decayed teeth
- Well baby care
- Special care dentistry
- Basic oral surgery for the child
- Sedation and General Anesthesia for care of very young children or those with special healthcare needs
- Emergency care
What to Bring to First Appointment
Please print and fill out the required forms and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Registration Form
- Pediatric Dentistry Standard Health Questionnaire
- If someone other than a parent or legal guardian is bringing the pediatric patient, the Temporary Delegation of Guardian/Parental Rights Form must be filled out and brought to the appointment in order for the child to be seen.
- Arrive 15 - 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete the registration process.
- Take your completed forms to the 2nd floor Information/Cashier front desk, located in front of the main elevators
What to Expect
A parent or legal guardian must be present at the appointment for dental treatment to be performed. The initial visit will consist of an examination, possible cleaning and/or x-rays. A student or resident will discuss treatment options with you, and you are encouraged to ask any questions regarding your child's dental health and planned care. Your child will be assigned to the most appropriate provider and clinic for treatment.
If the emergency is during clinic hours, call 734-764-1523.
If your child is a patient of record (previously seen in our clinic for routine care), we will schedule an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Although the Children’s Clinic will make every attempt to see all emergency patients, it is not the clinics' responsibility to treat emergencies for children not of record in our clinic.
If the emergency is after-hours or weekends, call 734-936-6266 ext: 32375. (Current patients only)
Fees and Payment Options
We accept most major dental insurances, including Healthy Kids Dental and Michigan Medicaid.
University of Michigan School of Dentistry Children’s Clinic
1011 N University, Room 2075
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Phone: (734) 764-1523