Qualtrics Survey Software
What do I need to know about Qualtrics Survey Software?
- Qualtrics is web-based survey software for all UM Faculty, Staff & Students
- Myriad of question types and logic for branching
- Surveys can be distributed via e-mail and have automatic reminders to take the survey
- Standard reports include counts, sums, mean/median/standard deviation, tables, bar graphs, and text responses. Data can also be exported to Excel, SPSS, and other formats.
- Qualtrics is approved for HIPAA (patient) and FERPA (student academic) data.
How is Dental Informatics (DI)Supporting Qualtrics?
- You can create an account online by logging in at UM-Qualtrics
- DI can provide consultations to help you use advanced features such as survey logic and advanced reporting
Logging in with your Kerberos (email) credentials will create a basic account for you if you don’t already have one.
View the Excellent instructions (written and video). You may wish to begin with the following information:
- Building a survey
- Distributing a survey via email with an anonymous link (Ok to send to mailing lists; can’t send personalized reminders)
- Distributing a survey via Qualtrics distributions (works like a mail merge; must import a contact list to Qualtrics; can send reminders to people who haven’t completed survey)
- Creating a contact list for distributing surveys
- Viewing summary results
- Exporting full results