Ctools and Canvas
What do I need to know about CTools?
- Ctools is the Learning Management System (LMS) in use at U of M through 2015
- Starting in Fall 2015, the School of Dentistry is migrating to Canvas. Find out more about the Ctools migration to Canvas.
- CTools Login
What do I need to know about Canvas?
- CTools to Canvas Migration
- Canvas is a new learning management system that will soon replace CTools at U of M
- The School of Dentistry is migrating all D1, D2, and DH classes starting in Fall 2015. D3 and D4 classes will be migrated starting Spring/Summer 2016.
- Canvas’s main advantages over CTools are overall ease of use, its ability to incorporate media and resources into course plans, and the ability to export detailed learning analytics data.
- Login at http://umich.instructure.com/ using your Kerberos credentials.
How is Dental Informatics (DI) supporting Canvas
- DI is working with Academic Affairs to roll out Canvas to the entire school, including course migration, training, and ongoing support.
- If you would like to rework an existing course to take advantage of Canvas’s features, please contact the Help Desk at 3-3318 or email@example.com