We continually strive to create richer, more visually appealing exhibits about dentistry by building and fine-tuning the collection of the Sindecuse Museum. Donations of artifacts or "Gifts-in-Kind" as the University refers to them, help make this feasible.
Interested in making a donation to the Sindecuse Museum? Please take a moment to provide us with any information you can about your proposed donation on this form.
Our wish list
- Photographs of dentists or dental staff in their dental office, any date, United States only
- Interior company/factory photographs and advertising items from any Michigan dental supplier, equipment manufacturer or laboratory. Will also consider published histories
- Pre-1880 dental equipment and tools in excellent condition, especially if made or used in Michigan with a known history of use
- Award of honors society membership pins for dentists and hygienists.
- Dentist and hygienist occupational uniforms pre-1980, with known owners
- Dental supplier catalogs and equipment manuals or instructions, 1940-1990
- Personal dental hygiene items like toothpastes, powders, toothbrushes, picks, mouth rinses, pre-1940 (pre-plastic era)
- Advertising literature or posters featuring dental products, pre-1940
|Examples from our wish list|
Items Not Accepted
- 20th century dental units, cabinets, chairs, lights, engines, articulators, amalgamators, X-ray units, steel handled instruments
- Text books, professional periodicals, newspapers or clippings
- Graduation gowns, diplomas, dental licenses
- Plaques, trophies, awards
- Patient records and related images
- Dental business records
- Any item in poor condition or with mold