Michigan Dental Association article spotlights
Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry
January 16, 2013
Okemos, MI - The Michigan Dental Association recently published an article on their website about the newest exhibit at the Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry, Women Dentists: Changing the Face of Dentistry.
Click here to read the full article.
Video Interview with Curator Shannon O'Dell
January 16, 2013
Ann Arbor, MI - University of Michigan New Service has published an interview with Shannon O'Dell, curator of the Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry. The interview highlights our newest exhibit, "Women Dentists: Changing the Face of Dentistry."
Please click here to read the article and watch the interview.
Women Dentists Exhibit Open!
October 11, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI - The Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry presents Women Dentists: Changing the Face of Dentistry, a new, temporary exhibit that showcases the extraordinary stories and challenges of independent minded women dentists who at first overcame severe obstacles to enter a previously male-dominated profession and later, pushed the field of dentistry forward with significant advances and lasting contributions to the profession. The inspiring stories of 23 women are featured in the exhibition. Please see the full article announcing the exhibit here!
Women Dentists: Changing the Face of Dentistry is located at the Sindecuse Museum of Dentistry, Kellogg Building, School of Dentistry at the University of Michigan, open now through January 5, 2015. This exhibit is FREE to the public. The museum is open to the public Monday- Friday, 8am to 6pm, closed on major holidays and weekends.
Sindecuse Museum Survey Results
April 18, 2012
The Sindecuse Museum is thankful for your feedback! We are always eager to learn more about our audience and find out new ways to serve our visitors. We conducted a survey that ran from June 15, 2011 to March 30, 2012. Here are some of the things we learned:
- Most respondents indicated that they were visiting us for the first time! (66.44%)
- Most visitors to the Sindecuse Museum visit with at least one other person (76.43%)! So keep the Sindecuse Museum in mind for your next date or family outing.
- 90% of respondents to the question "Would you come to the museum again?" responded "Yes." Most people (59%) said they would return to the museum to show a friend, child or other relative.
We also received a number of fascinating comments:
- “Very interesting - I have family members who currently practice/did practice in the past and would love to show them the exhibit!”
- “This is a really cool exhibit, we liked the history of the x-ray development, establishment of anesthesia, life story of Sindecuse and the evolution of today's dental office.”
- "Great summaries and useful/interesting facts on dentistry. Also the added information of the number of U-M graduates that contributed to the progression of dentistry from the beginning. Great exhibit!"