The University of Michigan School of Dentistry provides all levels of orthodontic care for all ages. Particularly simple care is available at cost effective prices in the Undergraduate Clinic by dental students under the care and supervision of our faculty. Full orthodontic treatment is available in both our Graduate Orthodontic Practice and our Orthodontic Faculty Practice.
Orthodontic treatment at the U-M School of Dentistry is performed in the Robert W. Browne Orthodontic Clinic. The department utilizes digital x-rays and digital photographs for the most up to date diagnosis and treatment planning available. In addition to the modern tools we use for diagnosis and treatment planning, novel treatment techniques including invisalign and other forms of esthetic braces are available.
Information & Appointments
Undergraduate and Graduate Student Clinics
- New patients call 734-647-8824 to schedule a screening appointment
- new patient exams are performed Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings
- at the conclusion of that appointment, you will be assigned to the most appropriate clinic (undergraduate, graduate or faculty) based upon your individual needs
- occasionally patients are placed on a waiting list because they are not quite ready for treatment (for example, too young for braces)
- New patient appointments
- print and fill out the dental treatment forms to bring to your appointment
- plan to arrive 15 - 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete the registration process
- take your completed forms to the 2nd floor Information/Cashier front desk
- Current patients call 734-764-1520 for appointments or other information
Orthodontic Faculty Practice
- New and current patients - call 734-615-8899 for information and appointments
- New patients to the faculty practice are seen on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings
- Visit Orthodontic Faculty Practice online
After-hours Orthodontic Emergencies
- Current patients only
- Each of these phone numbers will have a message giving you detailed instructions on how to manage your emergency
- Dental Student Clinic patients: Call 734-647-8824
- Graduate Student Clinic patients: Call 734-764-1520
- Faculty Practice patients: Call 734-615-8899
The fees for orthodontic treatment vary depending on your orthodontic needs and the clinic where you receive treatment (undergraduate, graduate, or faculty clinic). We will bill your insurance, if applicable. It is your responsibility to check with your insurance carrier for coverage of your treatment. Payment or payment arrangements must be made prior to or at the time of treatment.
For complete information, visit School of Dentistry Patient Services Billing & Insurance.