Clinical Associate Professor
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry, Room 2064
University of Michigan
1011 N University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-936-3329 FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = email@example.com
CV | additional contact information
Patricia (Trish) Bauer received her DDS degree from the University of Michigan in 1988. She then completed a GPR at the Veteran's Hospital in Allen Park, Michigan while practicing general dentistry, part-time, in South Lyon, Michigan.
Trish began teaching in Oral Medicine at U of M, (and Anatomy at University of Detroit/Mercy) during her residency in 1988 and joined the faculty full-time at Michigan in 1989. She taught clinical and preclinical restorative dentistry and served as course director of The Clinical Foundation series for the D-1 students from 1993-1999. Trish then completed a specialty program in Endodontics at U of M in September 2001and has an MS degree from U of M, Rackham School of Graduate Studies in Education and Administration in Health. She practiced general dentistry in the Dental Faculty Associates Clinic since its beginning in the early 90's but has limited her practice to Endodontics since completion of the Endodontic Specialty Board (State of Michigan) in June of 2002.
Currently, she is the director of Predoctoral Endodontics, and teaches preclinical and clinical endodontics to graduate and undergraduate students.
She has served on a variety of dental school committees and is presently serving on Undergraduate Admissions and Disaster Preparedness Committees.
She is a member of AAE, ADA, IADR, ROA, and ADEA, serving as a Council member while active on the planning committee for the annual ADEA meeting. Trish is a consultant at the Veteran's Hospital in Detroit and teaches Endodontics to their General Practice Residents. She is also past Chief of Dental Services in the United States Air Force Reserve 927th AMDS (1999-2008), and is presently a dental officer in the Michigan Air National Guard, at rank of Lt Col.
Research interests reflect topics in clinical endodontics and computer simulation in dental education.
Description of Research Area(s):
Dr. Bauer is involved in educational research projects and is focused on using online computer techniques which allow tooth preparation by students in advance of laboratory exercises to facilitate psychomotor education.
- Bauer P, D’haria M, McDonald N, Inglehart M. Endodontic Care for Underserved Patients: Residents, Endodontist’s Perceptions. J Dent Res 2012; Abstr 75. (POSTER presentation at 2012 AADR Annual Meeting in Tampa FL.)
- McLean M, Grayden S, Fitzgerald, Maslowski, Bauer P, Bayne S. Initial LCS Learning Gains versus Susequent Preclinical Course Performance. J Dent Res 2010; 89: Abstr 670.
- Bauer P, Grayden SK, Fitzgerald M, Bayne SC. Computer Simulation for Learning and Practice of Pre Clinical Cavity Preparations Using Z-Brush. J Dent Educ 2009;73:Abstr 85. (POSTER presentation at the 2009 ADEA Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ)
- Rajan A, Peters MC, Bauer P, Vivas JL, McLean ME, Fitzgerald M, Grayden SK, Bayne SC. Pseudo-images for calibrating clinical trial evaluators. J Dent Res 2009;88:Abstr 3239. .(POSTER presentation at the 2009 IADR/AADR Annual Meeting in Miami, FL)
- Grayden SK, Bauer PA, McLean ME, Fitzgerald M, Maslowski E, Bayne SC. Monitoring Early Learning Behaviors Using LCS Techniques. J Dent Res 2009;88:Abstr 1659. (POSTER presentation at the 2008 IADR/AADR Annual Meeting in Miami, FL)
- Bauer PA, McLean ME, Grayden SK, Fitzgerald M, Maslowski E, Bayne SC. Impact of LCS practice on initial performance of preclinical tooth preparation. J Dent Res 2009;88:Abstr 1659. (POSTER presentation at the IADR/AADR Annual Meeting in Miami, FL)
- Bauer PA, Fitzgerald M, Grayden SK, Maslowski E, Johnson LA, Beier K-P, Bayne SC. Simulated Class-3 Tooth Preparation Effect on Subsequent Psychomotor Skill Acquisition. J Dent Res 2008;87(Spec Iss B):0125. ( ORAL presentation in 2008 at IADR General Session in Toronto, CANADA).
- Grayden SK, McLean ME, Bauer PA, Fitzgerald M, Maslowski E, Bayne SC. “Low-Cost Simulation” Effectiveness for Psychomotor Learning in a Complex Model. J Dent Res 2008;87(Spec Iss B):0125. (Presented at the 2008 IADR General Session in Toronto, CANADA). [Oral PDF].
- Rajan A, Bauer P, Vivas JL, McLean ME, Fitzgerald M, Peters M, Bayne SC. Magnification Effects on Visual Ratings by Clinical Research Investigators. J Dent Res 2008;87(Spec Iss B):0125. (Presented at the 2008 IADR General Session in Toronto, CANADA). [Oral PDF].
- Bauer P. Apex Locator to Determine Root Canal Length in the Predoctoral Curriculum. J Dent Ed 2007;70(1).
Updated on 01/02/2014