Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry, Room 2343
University of Michigan
1011 N University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-647-4450
FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = email@example.com
Program Director: Computerized Dentistry Program
Course Director: Grand Rounds Program
Course Director: Advance Oprative Dentistry #832
Program Direcor: International Dentist Training Program (2004-2011)
Colonel: US air Force (Retired 2007)
President: Acadmey of Computerized Dentistry of North American (2005-2006)
President: American Board of General Dentistry (1999-2000)
Description of Research Area(s):
Dr. Fasbinder is focused on Digital Impression technology and CAD/CAM systems for the fabrication of esthetic restorations. The Computerized Dentistry (CompuDent) Unit provides education and conducts research based on 20 years of experience with technology applications for restorative dentistry. Currently underway clinical research projects involve chair-side application of ceramic onlays and crowns with innovative ceramic materials and adhesive cements, clinical longevity studies of lithium disilicate crowns, clinical application of a digital impression system for innovative CAD/CAM layered zirconia crowns, and clinical longevity study of a nano-ceramic chairside CAD/CAM material for onlays and crowns.
- Fasbinder DJ, Neiva GF, Dennison JB, Heys DR. Clinical Performance of CAD/CAM Generated composite Inlays after 10 Years. J Cosmetic Dentistry 2013 Winter Vol 28(4): 128-139.
- Cook KT and Fasbinder DJ. Accuracy of CAD/CAM Crown Fit with Infrared and LED Cameras. Internatl J Computer Dent 2012 Vol 15(4):315-326.
- Fasbinder DJ. Using digital technology to enhance restorative dentistry. Compend Cont Educ Dent 2012; 33(9):666-676.
- Fasbinder DJ. Chairside CAD/CAM: an overview of restorative material options. Compend Contin Educ Dent 2012 Jan; 33(1):50, 52-58.
- Fasbinder DJand Neiva GF. Computerized Restorative Dentstry. J Mich Dent Assoc 2012; Apr: 34-41.
- Fasbinder DJ. Commentary on: Treatment Concept with CAD/CAM-Fabricated High-Density Polymer Temporary Restorations authors: Guth JF, Silva JS,Ramberger M, Beuer F, Edelhoff D. J Esthet Restor Dent 2012; 24(5):319-320.
- Fasbinder DJ. Restorative materials for chairside CAD/CAM restorations. Compend Cont Educ Dent 2010; 31(9):2-17.
- Fasbinder DJ. Digital dentistry: Innovation for restorative treatment. Compen Cont Educ Dent 2010; 31(Special issue #4):2-11.
- Fasbinder DJ and Poticny DJ. Accuracy of occlusal contacts for crowns with chairside CAD/CAM techniques. Internatl J Computer Dent 2010; 13:303-316.
- Fasbinder DJ. The CEREC System: 25 years of chairside CAD/CAM dentistry. Guest Editor for the supplement issue. JADA 2010; Jun, 141:3S-4S.
- Fasbinder DJ, Dennison JB, Heys D, Neiva G. A clinical evaluation of chairside lithium disilicate CAD/CA crowns: a two-year report. JADA 2010, Jun, 141-10S-14S.
- Fasbinder DJ. Innovations in CAD/CAM Technology: CEREC AC and Bluecam. Oral Health 2009, March, 22-31.
- Fasbinder DJ. Dental Laser Technology. Compendium 2008 Oct 29(8):2-8.
- Al-Shammery H, Bubb NL, Youngson CC, Fasbinder DJ, Wood DJ. The use of confocal microscopy to assess surface roughness of two milled CAD/CAM ceramics following two polishing techniques. Dental Materials 2007; 23:736-741.
- Fasbinder DJ. Clinical performance of chairside CAD/CAM restorations. JADA 2006;137:22S-31S.
- Fasbinder DJ. Controlling the occlusion of single restorations with CAD/CAM technology. Compend Cont Educ Dent 2005; 26(5A):81-87.
- Wiedhahn K, Kerschbaum T, Fasbinder DJ. Clinical long-term results with 617 CEREC veneers: a nine-year report. Internatl J Computer Dent 2005; 8:233-241.
- Fasbinder DJ, Dennison JB, Heys DR, Lampe K. The clinical performance of CAD/CAM-generated composite inlays. JADA 2005; Dec, 136:1714-1723.
Updated on 01/02/2014