Google Hangouts Video Conferencing
What do I need to know about Google Hangouts?
- All participants must have a Gmail account
- A web cam is recommended but an ‘audio-only’ hangout will work too
- PHI cannot be shared or discussed
- Documents and photos can be shared
- Chat box is available
- It is a great tool for impromptu remote meetings
- A wired connection is best and your device (laptop) must be registered on the network (M-Wireless will work but may stall).
How is Dental Informatics (DI) supporting Google Hangouts?
- DI will install any pluggins that may be required
- Until you're comfortable with the technology, a test connect is recommended.
- DI has a webcam that can be borrowed.
- If problems arise that we cannot fix, we’ll work with campus ITS to resolve the issue.
Video Conference Camera
Dental Informatics can loan you a video conference camera if you are in need of a camera for your conference. That camera can be requested from this form